Income-Based Conversion Program
Whether you own or rent, National Fuel’s Income-Based Conversion Program can provide grants to help eligible households convert their current heating and hot water systems to natural gas.
Customers will be eligible for conversion grants up to $6,000 per household. Unless a landlord is income-eligible for the program and the building is owner-occupied, landlords will be required to pay 25% of the conversion cost. Renters are eligible for grants up to $6,000 after the required 25% landlord investment is applied.
Items eligible for grant funding include:
- Natural gas main/service line extensions
- Natural gas houseline installations
- Equipment conversion costs (e.g., furnaces, boilers, water heaters and thermostats)
In order to qualify for assistance, applicants must be:
- Located in National Fuel’s WNY service territory
- The owner of an owner-occupied residence, or a tenant who is responsible for their own utility bill
- Currently heating with oil, propane, electricity, wood or coal
- Income eligible
C.J. Brown Energy provides free assistance with the application process, help with arranging for installation of natural gas equipment, and coordinating with contractors. Contact us at 1-844-365-3493 or email NFRebateHelp@cjbrownenergy.com or visit National Fuel’s website for more information and program details.