Located in Buffalo, NY, we are a leading professional engineering firm in the Northeast – focusing on energy conservation consulting, building commissioning/retro-commissioning, and related technical services.
C.J. Brown Energy accepts resumes from qualified individuals on an ongoing basis for the following positions:
Energy Engineer with knowledge of building systems, HVAC, lighting, renewable energy systems and building construction.
Responsible for conducting energy audits (ASHRAE Level 1, 2 and 3) and performing energy analysis involving a wide range of systems/equipment. Capabilities in performing on-site inspections and efficiency assessments; collecting and analyzing field data related to energy usage; preparing building descriptions, equipment inventories and operating schedules; identifying, evaluating and developing energy conservation measures including energy savings calculations; and report writing.
B.S. in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering is preferred; will consider an Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology or a related field. Prior experience with building simulation/modeling software and/or testing equipment (blower door, combustion, thermal imaging and/or other measurement and testing equipment) is a plus. Professional certification (i.e. CEM, CEA, LEED, BPI, HERS Rater) or work toward obtaining certification is desirable.
Building Systems/Controls Specialist with relevant facility experience to join our commissioning/energy services project team.
Responsible for project development and all phases of commissioning work through design review, bidding, construction and warranty phases for educational, institutional, governmental and commercial projects, including high tech facilities. Demonstrated expertise in the design, operation and analysis/troubleshooting of mechanical/HVAC systems is required, together with knowledge of/background in controls, building automation systems, diagnostics, TAB and/or energy management. Strong client relations, teamwork and report writing skills are necessary. Familiar with LEED cx requirements and ASHRAE protocol. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering is preferred. NYS Registered Professional Engineer and LEED and commissioning accreditations are a plus.
Currently Hiring For:
Building Systems/Control Commissioning Specialist
- Project development and coordination for all phases of commissioning work: design through construction and warranty
- Work in a variety of facilities including educational, institutional, governmental, commercial, and high tech
- Manage client relations and lead commissioning meetings throughout the duration of the project
- Perform design reviews and write Cx specifications
- Develop and perform/witness functional verification testing of systems
- Write commissioning reports
- 10+ years of experience in the design, operation and analysis/troubleshooting of mechanical/HVAC systems required
- Knowledge/background in controls, building automation systems, diagnostics, TAB, and energy management
- Familiar with LEED commissioning requirements and ASHRAE protocol
- Strong team player
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
C.J. Brown Energy offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, Flex Plan, 401(k) Plan and profit sharing.
C.J. Brown Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.