From single system energy assessments to clean energy master plans and net-zero energy analysis: Our team provides a comprehensive array of services custom-tailored to our client’s needs.
ASHRAE level energy studies are one of our team’s particular strengths. Our engineers have completed thousands of energy evaluations and studies, and we are experts in performing walk-through, preliminary, detailed, and investment-grade energy audits.
Our methodology provides the appropriate level of project detail consistent with facility usage, size, equipment, systems, complexities, and potential energy conservation measures. Our reports assist in making informed decisions about implementing energy efficiency improvements and are written to be easily understandable by non-technical personnel.
To document and justify proposed energy savings, C.J. Brown Energy has developed an extensive library of energy conservation calculations/spreadsheets based on ASHRAE standards and accepted engineering practices. We are also skilled in the use of various modeling software and energy analysis tools.
Energy Programs we participate in:
C.J. Brown Energy works with the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) to provide energy services on a variety of incentive programs. Learn about their new P-12 Clean Green Schools Initiative!
C.J. Brown Energy is the program administrator for the Conservation Incentive Program, Income-Based Conversion Program, and Partnership for Urban Revitalization in Western New York (PUR-WNY). We’re here to provide program information, assist you with the application process, and guide you through to project completion.
Our firm provides Grid Technical Assistance Services for National Grid. National Grid offers prescriptive and custom incentives; scoping studies to identify potential ECMs; technical assistance studies which provide a more detailed evaluation of specific measures; and M&V services to verify and document energy savings.
Our Energy Services
- Net-Zero Energy Analysis
- Carbon Reduction Plans
- Clean Energy Master Plans
- Energy master plans
- ASHRAE Level 1, 2 and 3 energy audits
- Life cycle and operating cost assessments
- Cogeneration and self-generation studies
- Renewable energy systems (solar, wind, geothermal, biofuels)
- Agricultural energy studies
- Industrial process energy evaluations
- New York State energy sales tax exemption surveys
- EPAct certification
- NYPA ReCharge NY energy audits
- Peak load reduction studies
- Operate investor-owned utility programs
- Utility incentive program technical assistance
- Lighting systems evaluations
- HVAC studies and evaluations
- Refrigeration and cooling systems
- Motors and systems analysis
- End use analysis
- Building envelope testing
- Boiler surveys
- Central plant analysis
- Indoor air/ventilation system analysis