Commercial New Construction Program
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) Commercial New Construction Program works with building owners, developers, and design teams to identify and install energy efficiency, electrification, and carbon reduction opportunities to achieve Carbon Neutral Ready levels of performance in non-residential and mixed-use new construction, change of use, and substantial renovations to existing buildings. Each project seeking support of the program needs to work with a Primary Energy Consultant.
C.J. Brown Energy has been a Program Partner since 2015, starting with the initial Energy Modeling Partners and New Construction Services Support. We are currently an approved Primary Energy Consultant for both the commercial and multifamily sectors.
Our services can include:
- Scoping meetings, integrated design services, and charettes
- Scope development and budgetary estimates for technical support services
- Evaluation of building systems
- Modeling services
- Coordination with design teams and NYSERDA
- Consideration of green building services and environmental impacts to reduce energy and greenhouse gas emissions
- Performance validations