Commissioning & Retrocommissioning
Commissioning & Ret...
C.J. Brown Energy’s technical expertise and professional experience help deliver a properly operating facility at building turnover that fully meets the client’s needs.
C.J. Brown Energy’s commissioning process provides clearly defined expectations for facility performance and verifies that systems and equipment are installed and functionally tested to operate in conformance with the Owner’s Project Requirements, Basis of Design and project specifications.
We provide commissioning services from design through warranty. Our commissioning methodology is structured to meet LEED requirements as well as other directives that may apply.
An independent third party commissioning consultant, we are an effective advocate for the owner and represent their best interests at all times. Our communication abilities, professionalism and leadership facilitate a smoothly functioning team of stakeholders working to achieve the shared goal of delivering a high performance building.
- Fulfill commissioning for LEED, New York State Energy Code, New York State Education Department, and other directives/criteria
- Evaluate facility’s and owner’s requirements
- Develop commissioning specifications
- Review all phases of design and construction
- Develop and issue project-specific prefunctional checklists and functional tests
- Develop and coordinate execution of testing plan
- Assess and verify system performance to contract/project documents
- Work with contractors to correct deficiencies and non-conformance
- Verify that the owner’s operating staff is properly trained
- Provide complete commissioning project deliverables
- Retrocommissioning to identify O&M, low cost and no cost improvements
- Re-commissioning to maintain proper operating conditions