Income-Based Conversion Program
National Fuel’s Income-Based program helps eligible low- to moderate-income households reduce the cost of natural gas conversion. Through the program, grants up to $6,000 are available to residential customers and contractors.
Items eligible for grant funding include:
- Natural gas main/service line extensions
- Natural gas houseline installations
- Equipment conversion costs (e.g., furnaces, boilers, water heaters, and thermostats)
CJ Brown Energy can provide you with free assistance for the application process, arranging the installation of natural gas equipment, and coordinating with contractors. Contact us at 1-844-365-3493 or email NFRebateHelp@cjbrownenergy.com or visit National Fuel’s website for more information and program details.
Eligible Household Incentives
This program is open to homeowners and renters! Eligible customers can receive grants up to $6,000 per household.
If you are a renter, landlords are required to pay 25% of the conversion cost. An exception is made if the landlord is also income-eligible and the building is owner-occupied.
In order to qualify for assistance, applicants must be:
- Located in National Fuel’s WNY service territory
- The owner of an owner-occupied residence, or a tenant who is responsible for their own utility bill
- Currently heating with oil, propane, electricity, wood or coal
- Income eligible
WNY Contractor Incentives
The program also provides grants up to $6,000 paid directly to WNY contractors to assist income-eligible homeowners or renters with the conversion of their home heating (together with water heating) systems to natural gas from an alternative fuel source.
Completed forms can be sent to NFRebateHelp@chbrownenergy.com.
Once your forms have been approved, you can begin offering the program to your qualified customers.