Meadowview at Clifton Park Senior Housing
Meadowview at Clifton Park, a $9.2 million NYS Homes & Community Renewal-funded project, has 71 units of affordable housing for seniors and the disabled. The three-story, 63,420 gross heated sf complex has a community room with kitchen, computer lab, exercise room, central laundry facility, and an emergency call system for resident safety.
As the NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program Partner, C.J. Brown Energy provided design guidance, building energy modeling, and installation verification and testing services for the project. The projected annual energy cost savings estimated in the Energy Reduction Plan’s final proposed design and the as-built projected annual energy cost savings were 26%, which exceeded the 20% minimum performance target.
C.J. Brown Energy received a NYSERDA 2011 MPP Silver Partner Excellence Award for the Meadowview at Clifton Park project, together with Conifer Village at Interlaken and River Pointe at Drum Hill. The award was presented for the highest projected energy savings for three completed projects.
The energy reduction measures that were typically evaluated and installed for each project included:
- Energy efficient lighting in common areas, parking area and exterior lights
- Occupancy sensors in corridors, stairwells, lobby areas and common areas
- ENERGY STAR appliances, in-apartment hard wired light fixtures, and exhaust fans in apartment and public bathrooms
- Low flow kitchen fixtures, showerheads and bathroom aerators
- LED exit signs
- R-10, R-21 and/or R-38 insulation
- ENERGY STAR doors and energy efficient windows
- Condensing instantaneous DHW boilers, condensing gas furnaces and energy efficient AC condensing units
- Heat recovery ventilator