NYS Homes and Community Renewal
NYS Homes and Community Renewal program requires multifamily projects receiving financing to adhere to national or state energy efficiency standards, depending on the type of project and the sources of financing. All projects awarded funding must participate in one of the energy efficiency strategies identified by HCR.
C.J. Brown Energy has extensive experience in assisting owners and developers of multifamily housing meet the Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) program’s energy efficiency standards including:
New York State Energy Research and Development Agency (NYSERDA)
- NYSERDA Low-Rise Residential New Construction Program
- NYSERDA Multifamily New Construction Program
- NYSERDA New Construction – Housing Program*
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ENERGY STAR
- EPA ENERGY STAR Certified Homes
- EPA ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction Program
- EPA Multifamily High Rise Program
Enterprise Green Communities
- 2015 Enterprise Green Communities Criteria (until October 15, 2020)
- 2020 Enterprise Green Communities Criteria
Strategies for Rehabilitation Projects
- Historic Rehabilitation & Adaptive Re-use
- Moderate Rehabilitation
C.J. Brown Energy is a qualified Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Rater and is qualified by NYSERDA as a Primary Energy Consultant (PEC). We have provided energy consultant services for more than 40 HCR Unified Funding projects since 2008.
- Center Court Phase 2
- Cigar Factory Apartments
- Eastman Gardens
- Elim Townhouses
- HELP Buffalo II
- Highland School Apartments
- Hope House
- Jefferson Avenue Apartments
- Linwood/Lafayette Senior Apartments
- Niagara City Lofts
- Pintail Crossing
- Westminster Commons
We also provide comprehensive project services for participation in the Enterprise Green Communities and LEED optional green building programs.
*NYSERDA’s Low-rise Residential and Multifamily New Construction programs will be updated by a new program (NYSERDA New Construction – Housing Program) with an implementation date expected later in 2020. As a NYSERDA-approved Primary Energy Consultant, C.J. Brown Energy is qualified to provide services under the new program.